Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2023

RSC23 - week #4

A bit of blue happened this week in my sewing room.   


The bigger version of last week's runner has been quilted.  I did some very simple quilting on this one before adding binding in that darker blue.  Hand stitching will happen next week hopefully.


And 3 more Scrappy Irish Chain blocks were made, with one of them being blue.  See that bright yellow?  That was from a scrap of the backing of the quilt I posted about yesterday. I just couldn't resist using it for one of these blocks.

I'm linking up to RSC23 today for more scrappy fun . . .

9 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Luv the blue quilt,the Irish chain looks like it goes together quickly, every year I say I'm going with bigger & faster blocks but wind up with tiny 🤣

grammajudyb said...

Lots of colorful bright scrappiness in your world this week! Love the bright yellow piece in the block with purple and magenta!,

Mari said...

A little bit of yellow brightens everything! Ready to move on to the pinks now.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blues in your tablerunner! Looks like the darker blue is perfect for the binding. I love how the scrappy Irish Chain blocks go together - ideal for featuring a fun print in that biggest square!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The scrappy Irish Chain blocks are coming along nicely. So much fun to check out the variety of scraps. Love how you gravitate towards brights.

Deb A said...

Pretty blue quilt - love the fabrics! That irish chain is going to be a beauty!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting your blue table runner finished. It looks lovely. Off to a great start in January.

Astrid said...

Pretty blue table runner. Love the bright yellow 'sunshine' block, pretty colors for the Irish Chain blocks.

Andra Ridout said...

I love this block! What a great way to use scraps and focus fabrics. It would make a great I Spy quilt!