Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Tuesday To Do

The Framed Friendship Squares blocks are now assembled into a flimsy, and it's hanging up waiting for it's turn to be quilted.  There is no rush on it, but it will be a donation quilt.  Plus it's nice to have 20 of those blocks out of the project box.  There are nearly enough for a second quilt, but that can wait.  

Now back to my January project list . . . 


Last week's Scrappiness Is Happiness block was Scrap-apple.  It's 24" square, so I used some of the larger scale prints from my 30s collection in it.  I've pulled the fabrics for block #11 for this week, but haven't cut it out yet.  Block #11 uses a lot of 2.5" squares, so I was able to pull them from the 30s scrap basket.  I might get that block made later today.  


These 2 orphan blocks were in my stash.  Now they are mug rugs.  They are about 7" by 10", so they're big enough to hold a mug and a treat.  There are a bunch more orphan blocks that could/should become something instead of lying in a drawer.  


I've had a request for a winter table runner, using blues with just a touch of yellow.  The pattern I'm using has 6 of these simple units mixed with other simple units.  The icy blue and yellow batik in the stack should look good with the brighter blue, and it has just that touch of yellow.  Hope to have this runner ready to quilt by the weekend.  

I'm also trying to get last week's Sewcialites blocks made.  The green 9" version is partially sewn, but I haven't even cut out the others yet.  That particular block has a LOT of pieces, so it is a bit intimidating to think about making the tiny 3" version.  

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is an interesting pineapple block I hadn't seen one started with a four patch before

Jeanna said...

Those are all very nice blocks. I caught up on Sewcialites last night but I'm only making the 9" blocks. I can't imagine block 10 in 3" YIKES! I'm behind on Scrappiness is Happiness so that is next on my list.