Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January goals

A new year, a new month, and a new week . . . and winter weather to keep me home.  It was a good way to help me kick off a new set of goals.  I do like to begin a new year with a new project, because it feels like a clean start.  


The number 3 was drawn for the APQ UFO Challenge, and that gave me some fairly easy projects to start - selected from my LONG list.  The Frog quilt pieces were cut back in October, so I will be able to start sewing on it right away.  The bag was actually started on Sunday after the kids all headed home, and just needs the handwork finished on the handles.  That will most likely be the first complete finish of 2023.  And I added one new project on my list, because I had a request for a blue runner.  That will only need about 4 blocks plus borders, so a fairly quick project.

Bright and dark blues were the color of the month for Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I know there will be some fun block sewing in blue during the month.  And those house and tree appliques for Humble Homes are waiting patiently for some attention too.  Three of the 5 rows are done. Can I manage one more row in January?  Maybe both?  We'll see how that goes.

I plan to find a backing for this blue and white quilt top made last year, and get that one in the "quilting queue" as well.  This one was the Riley Blake BOM from 2022. There is a new Riley Blake challenge starting soon too. I'm not planning to do it, but I'm weak when it comes to resisting a BOM.


This kit for a pillow cover was actually #4 on my PIG list, but because it's wintery and it's blue, I'm going to add this to my goals for January.  The whole thing is only 20" square.  It should be a quick finish and can go right onto my sofa for January. There is a similar kit for a Valentine pillow, and also for a St Patrick's Day one, so I have plenty of small projects just waiting in the wings.   

There are 2 quilts in the hands of a quilter, so there will be binding to do by the end of the month most likely.  And the new Saturday Sampler will begin this month. Ironically I had selected a blue and yellow batik fat quarter bundle to work from, so it fits right in with the RSC blue.  

I'm already participating in a couple of weekly sew-alongs too, and there are always Quilt of Valor blocks to work on.  My goal list is so full of fun things to keep me busy, and then some.  Let it snow!!  Forward progress is the plan, and enjoying the process is the main goal. 

  • Frog Quick Strippee child size quilt (get to flimsy stage)
  • Michelle's blue runner - ** PRIORITY
  • Blue/white snowflake pillow
  • Saturday Sampler - Month #1 
  • Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along (blocks)
  • Sewcialites sew-along (blocks)
  • Humble Homes - finish at least ONE row (big UFO project)
  • find backing for blue/white Riley Blake quilt
  • Quilt of Valor blocks and/or tops
  • Bag progress
    • finish Cocktails bag
    • forward progress on Cats bag
  • RSC blocks (bright and dark blue)
    • Pyramid blocks
    • Framed Friendship blocks
    • Rainbow Connection (string) blocks
    • Plaid blocks
    • Irish Chain blocks
    • small heart blocks
    • and MORE !!!

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Oh my you do indeed have a long list and there are some really fun looking ones on that list. I love the seasonal pillow idea, funny I hadn't really done that except for two Christmas ones!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very pretty projects you show - you sure have a lot listed - good luck on keeping up with them!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blue projects in your line-up for this month! I love that pillow design - it's definitely perfect for January decorating!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s always good to have plenty of projects to select to fit your interest at the time rather than “I MUST do this project!” Have fun with your list.

Moneik said...

Great projects! It's always fun to start a new project.

Astrid said...

Beautiful blue projects. Love the houses & trees quilt.

Linda said...

Those blue projects are so pretty. I had to Google PIG - lol! The house and tree appliques are beautiful.

Carol Andrews said...

Sara that is quite the list of projects for next week! You do have some lovely ones on the go already! I’m not sure which one I enjoyed studying more. Good luck with your goals and thank you for sharing so many pretty blue projects. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😉 Carol