Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Sew Together bag #18

The first complete finish of 2023 is a Sew Together bag and it's #18.  I had to go back to my blog and to my spreadsheet for finishes to figure out how many of these I've made.  


The cocktail themed fabric was actually a border print that I used several years ago in a table runner.  It was also used before in a Sew Together bag that was gifted to a friend a few years ago.  I had just enough left for this bag.


Because it was a border print, it was directional.  So to keep from having upside down cocktail glasses on one side, I just cut it and pieced it back together so everything was right side up on both sides.


A bright yellow dot was used for all of the lining sections, and the inside of each pocket was cut from scraps of white or cream fabrics.


The end sections are a lime green, and the bindings are all bright blue.  

Every thing about this bag was taken directly from the stash, with nothing new purchased except for the interfacing used inside the linings and end sections.  Two more bags are cut out, and have the fusible interfacing ironed on to the parts needing it.  The outside parts of all 3 were cut and prepped back in 2022, and I'm determined to finish them soon.


By the way - this is what the deck looked like on Wednesday morning.  The "official" report was 23" of snow, and then it drifted around with wind all Tuesday night.  A bit more fell on Wednesday morning.  We've been in a drought for the past year, so I'm not going to complain too much about getting moisture - even in the white form.  I've been shoveling our huge deck (pictured) in small increments, spending about 15-20 minutes at a time.  Dave used the snowblower to clean out the driveway in front.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

I really like those sew together bags. I've seen several over the years but haven't made one myself. I imagine they are very useful with all the compartments. I keep very good records for my cross stitch but I lost count of my quilting / sewing projects. Sure wish I had kept a spreadsheet for those.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is hard to complain when you know you need the moisture - if it was rain you wouldn't want flooding. But snow is hard to remove - a little at a time and hope you can get it cleared out

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Be careful moving all that snow. Another pretty bag - the pattern was a good deal!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bag! You got your fair share of the snow!