Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2023

RSC23 - Week #2

 Hmmm . . . not a lot of blue sewing happened this week other than this wintery runner, in 2 sizes.  This one has 3 blocks (each 12"), with sashing and borders.  The other version has the blocks done in half that size, but more of them.  I'm still working on those smaller blocks.  The second runner needs to fit on a buffet that is only 1 foot wide, but 5 feet long.  I made the bigger sized one for myself, and as a "test" to make sure I like the colors before making the one that was requested by someone else. The colors are much prettier, and very "icy" looking in real life rather than the grey light coming in the windows.

Plenty of sewing time did happen the first half of the week, and much of it was scrappy.  Just not necessarily blue scrappy.  


I did assemble a couple more rows on the Scrappy Irish Chain quilt.  This is an RSC project started in 2022 that is continuing in 2023.  I wanted to get a better idea of how these would all look together, and I'm pleased with it so far.  By the end of 2023 with a better range of colors added, I think this will be a really good scrappy quilt. 

How is RSC going for you in 2023?
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't get any blue done this week but I might add a few more blue colors to this quilt on the wall - I like that scrappy Irish chain

Mari said...

Love your runner, it looks very wintry. Those brights are the perfect antidote to January, too.

Kate said...

The scrappy Irish Chain is really cool looking. Your table runner turned out beautifully!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The runner is a pretty design, and such a great idea to make a test one first! I love the Scrappy Irish Chain. Such fun color!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a pretty runner, Sara. Love, love, LOVE that Scrappy Irish Chain!!!

Deb A said...

the runner is perfect for the snowy/icy January. I LOVE the scrappy Irish chain quilt. So pretty.

Maggie said...

Great RSC22 leading the way into 2023! It is beautiful and happy.

Ivani said...

Lovely runner, Sara.
Sewing scraps is always fun!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I am firm believer in stretching challenge rules. I spy some dark blue in that Scrappy Irish Chain. So between the table runners and the quilt, I would say you met the challenge.

Astrid said...

Pretty table runner and so is the Scrappy Irish Chain quilt.

scraphappy said...

The blue table runner is perfect for January.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your scrappy quilt has a good start! I also am a big fan of blue so your runners are perfect!