Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Cherries galore

Another chunk of fabric in the novelty prints bin caught my eye last week, making me pull it out for another look.  It's interesting what we find in the stash while looking for something else.  I'm pretty sure I purchased this cherry print fabric when I was in Door County a few years ago.  
 


There is enough for a Suitcase block, but I also decided to make a Zipper block and a Windmill block while I had it out.  With leftover 2.5" squares I made a couple of 4-patches.  I have a little bin with 4-patch blocks collecting.  

Tuesday was quite a productive day.  I had PT in the morning, got groceries on the way home, baked a batch of cookies, and got in a little sewing - all before jumping in the car to go to a Jackrabbit women's basketball game.  The plan had been to play cards and have a cookie exchange with some friends today, but since one of the friends is under the weather we've postponed it until next week.  The cookies will go into the freezer, so we don't eat them before then.  Today may turn into a sewing day.  

4 comments:

Kate said...

You made the most out of that fun fat quarter. Hope you get in lots of stitching time today.

Nann said...

Door County cherries -- mouthwatering. And your quilt blocks are delicious, too. The cherry fabric will make a wonderful suitcase. How are your basketball teams (men's and women's) doing this season?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Enjoy your unexpected sewing day!

Vicki in MN said...

I have had or perhaps still do have that cherry fabric! Sometimes it's kinda fun when an event gets postponed as it becomes a sorta free day;)