Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2023

RSC23 - Week #51

Rounding out the year, there are 2 kid sized quilts ready for binding and plenty of scrap play just waiting for me.   Our family will get together at one daughter's house on Christmas Day, so the weekend is open for sewing time.



I dug into the leftover binding drawer, and found enough light and medium blue pieces to bind this scrappy quilt.  It seemed appropriate to use a scrappy binding on this one.  Attaching the binding to the quilt will be my first task today.  Then it will be ready for the hand stitching. 


The parts are cut for Clue #5 of Indigo Way, and a couple of unit sets have actually been sewn.  Bonnie Hunter used a focus fabric for Clue #5, so I am doing the same.  The background neutrals are scrappy, with each set using matching neutrals.

One more Zipper block was finished.  One task yesterday was to kit up more blocks for quick sewing over the weekend.  There will be more Zipper blocks happening.  When I kit up blocks, I like to cut the pieces and then put them on the cheap thin paper plates. I can stack a bunch and just grab one when I'm ready for a quick stitching project.

Check out more RSC23 fun . . .
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got a wonderful weekend of stitching planned. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kristie said...

Lovely work! I'm intrigued with that zipper block! I'm anxious to watch your progress on that one.
Kristie

Vicki in MN said...

Are you having snow in your forecast? Love that background fabric in the zipper block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nearing a finish, keeping up with Indigo Way AND kitting up some Zipper blocks? Way to go, Sara!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sewing on the binding is one of the best parts of quilting - so close to a finish! Have fun playing with your scraps this weekend. Merry Christmas, Sara!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Scrappy bindings work well with scrappy quilts. You've chosen well.

Cathy said...

I think you’ll find the Zipper block very addicting! I can say that because I’m on my fourth top and have kitted literally dozens of quilts for our local Quilts for Kids. Your block is delightful!

Have a very Merry Christmas, Sara, and enjoy your family time!

grammajudyb said...

You are rocking the rainbow blocks! Wowza! Zipper blocks are on my list for possible 2024 blocks. Are all of yours made with solid fabric squares in the middle?

Far Side of Fifty said...

The dots are great all so many colors!

Susie H said...

I love all Bonniac posts! You all are so amazing. I collect the clues but don't end up making the quilts. One day I will! Probably when I don't have family visiting every year from a day or 2 before Christmas through New Year's Eve. I can't wait to see your Indigo Way finished!!!

Susie H said...

Forgot to mention how much I like the scrappy kid quilt too. Great design!