Pages

Monday, December 4, 2023

Design Wall Monday - Dec 4

It was swim meet weekend around here, so we got to enjoy some grandkid time over the weekend. 
 


Saturday flew by so fast with the swim meet all morning, then my daughter and granddaughter and I went for lunch together.  In the afternoon we listened to the Jackrabbit football playoff game and they Facetimed with the guys as they went to pick up their newly adopted 7 month old puppy.  I wish both families could have been here, but the other household has Covid, so Sophia wasn't able to come swim at the meet.  I'm sure she was very disappointed. 


Mid-afternoon on Sunday when the house was suddenly very quiet, there was a brief debate going on in my head - nap or sew, nap or sew, nap or sew?  Sewing won, and I made 4 sets of Clue #2 for Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter mystery).  

I also cut the pieces for 3 additional Suitcase blocks.  They can be Leaders/Enders when I'm working on grandsons' pillowcases this week.  

What's on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Lea Anne Brummett said...

LOL! Eat my bubbles! Love it!

Kate said...

I can't say I miss swim meets. Hopefully yours don't start at 7 AM like ours used to. Hope your granddaughter did well. Your clue #2 blocks turned out nicely. I'm half way on clue 1 and just barely started on clue 2. Happy Stitching this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend! It seems like there is a lot of Covid going around right now - my husband had it before Thanksgiving, and over the weekend I had texts from my sister and another friend saying that they tested positive. We can't get away from it! Fun colors in your Indigo Way blocks! Did you do the first clue in blues?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!! so sorry the other family isn't feeling well!
Love your start on BH mystery!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Chuckling over the 'eat my bubbles'! Usually sewing wins out over naps here, but then there are days a nap just feels so good!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

COVID is circulating here, too. Good start on Bonnie’s mystery. I enjoy seeing your progress .

Far Side of Fifty said...

Eat my bubbles! Now there is a gal with attitude!! Way to go!!

Marsha Cooper said...

Unfortunately nap usually wins out for me.