Pages

Friday, December 22, 2023

Road trip

Yesterday morning while drinking my first cup of coffee, I made a very selfish plan for the day.  It involved escaping for a SOLO road trip.  I could listen to any music I wanted in the car, stop anyplace I wanted to without getting the "deep sigh", and could linger at a stop without feeling guilty. Shopping and lunch with friends or family is lots of fun, but sometimes it's really nice to just be alone.


One stop was at a quilt shop near where one daughter lives, to use a gift certificate before it expired. Seems like we're always there when the shop is closed - evenings, Sundays, holidays.  It's small shop but very cute and carries a lot of reproduction types of fabric, which I love.  All of her fall and Christmas things were on sale.  This patriotic print came home with me, along with some cute Christmas fat quarters, a kit for a small zippered bag, and a pattern.  

My second stop was the mall and a bra fitting.  I bought 2 new ones.  A bit of window shopping followed as I walked around the mall.  There were lots of great sales going on, but I didn't indulge, except for the new bras.  Lunch was sesame chicken in the food court while people watching.  

A couple of other stops were made, and I check off everything on my list.  Now today I'll need to do the grocery shopping, do some laundry and hopefully spend a little time in my sewing room.  I may have to make something using my new purchases. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree it is nice to get off by ourselves now and then and do slow shopping, some lunch etc. I bet it was a nice day

Astrid said...

Solo road trip sounds like the perfect day out and I'm sure you enjoyed it. Sometimes I go to the city alone, without anyone annoying me! LOL Love that Santa fabric.

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely day out for yourself. I enjoy my solo visits to Grad Girl. It's a long drive, but I can listen to my favorite CDs and stop where and when I want. I enjoy traveling with My Guy too, but it's nice to have those pockets of just alone time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice purchases! The retro Santa print is really cute!