Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Mid-week check in

Not much to report here, except for cutting all of the pieces for the final section of this year's Saturday Sampler project.  Eight spool blocks will finish up the monthly blocks, and then I can trim them all to size and start assembling the quilt. 


I'm actually a bit nervous about having enough of the background to finish up the quilt.  The final border might change if there isn't enough of the background, but that's a decision down the road.

Hmmm - Tuesday didn't exactly go as expected in terms of stitching time. But it's OK because it did involve some family connections and genealogy research.  On Monday afternoon a cousin contacted me to say he would be passing through here.  He arrived late evening, spent the night in our guest room, and we had a good genealogy conversation while he was here.  Our grandmothers were sisters - Kansas farm girls who grew up in a big French Canadian family.  

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I grew up in a big French Canadian Catholic family - I think a lot of French Canadians had big families. It sounds like you had good visit - always time for sewing.

Kate said...

It's always fun to talk family history. I should remember to get mom talking more about growing up when Grad Girl is here over the holiday. Hope you can get back into the sewing room today and make some progress on what you've gotten cut.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Always so many lovely quilt blocks to see here, Sara. I enjoyed seeing photos of your girls and you in a recent post. I have two daughters as well. My sister is the genealogist in our family. There are often new tidbits to learn when we have a chat.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun to have a little family reunion!
I like those spools blocks!

cityquilter grace said...

you always have the prettiest scrap blocks!

Far Side of Fifty said...

How nice to visit with family!