Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Elephant quilt is a flimsy

I'm in love with this quilt, and may have to keep it for myself once it's done.


The border is on.  I used 6.5" strips of the Earth Song print by Laurel Burch.  The daylight in my family room sure doesn't do justice to the fun colors.  And my 6' tall husband couldn't stretch his arms wide enough or high enough.  It's 70 x 84.  

A deep purple Grunge has been cut for binding.  Since I already have a couple of quilts in the hands of a long arm artist, this one will hang in the closet with its binding for awhile.

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty quilt! I can see why you would want to keep this one for yourself. The border fabric is perfect for this quilt and so is the deep purple binding fabric. Don't let it hang too long in the closet before quilting, happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the elephant fabric goes with it really well

Nann said...

I love it, too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!! that is amazing - and the border is just perfect for it!! I would probably keep it too - its so unique!!!

Kate said...

Such a fun border, such a fun quilt. Love all the color and who doesn't like elephants. It would be hard to give that one away.

Ramona said...

I can understand why you are keeping this one for yourself. It's such a fun quilt! I love the border fabric and grunge binding.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun quilt, Sara! That border is perfect to go with the blocks, and the purple binding, too. I can see why you would want to keep it - I would, too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very fun quilt!