Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Table scraps & a road trip

 

This little mug rug was just one of many projects this month, and since it was a bird and it was purple it fit in very nicely with Joyful Quilter's Table Scraps challenge.  Check it out here:

My husband and I took a quick road trip this week.  We drove to Minneapolis (about 5 hours east of us) Wednesday morning and came home again on Friday afternoon. A lot of enjoyment was packed into those few days. 


The event that triggered the trip was attending Beautiful - The Carole King Musical at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater on Thursday evening. My cousin Julie had gotten tickets and invited me to attend with her as my 70th birthday celebration.  If you have the opportunity, this is a fabulous production!  It's a dinner theater, so we enjoyed an excellent meal before the musical began, and had dessert during the intermission.  The Chanhassen Dinner Theater was actually where my senior prom was held - back in 1972.  We saw Fiddler On the Roof at the prom.  This theater/event center is a gem.  

The husbands stayed home that evening and watched college basketball on TV while we enjoyed the dinner and music.   I'll share more in coming days about a couple of interesting stops that we ladies made on Thursday morning.


Too quickly it was Friday and time to head for home again.  We stopped for gas about halfway home, and I grabbed a couple of snacks.  Have you ever seen this flavor of almonds?  Blueberry roasted.  As soon as I opened the package in the car the blueberry smell was obvious.  And they tasted great.  Hmmm - something to keep my eye out for around here. Yum!

Stay tuned this coming week for more on my Twin Cities road trip!

9 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my….two wonderful things from my past, Fiddler on the Roof and Carole King. I can hear her wonderful voice in my head. How nice to revisit both these things. What a great trip!

cityquilter grace said...

you had me at blueberry..lol...i'll keep an eye out

Vicki in MN said...

Love blueberries, never seen that snack before tho'. Glad you had a great trip.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun birthday treat. So glad the weather didn't cause you to cancel, it's certainly been unpredictable. Happy Easter!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like a fun trip and a great way to celebrate your birthday, Sara! I always enjoy dinner theater shows, too. Cute mug rug and those almonds sound yummy. I'll have to look for them, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy birthday, Sara, and thanks for linking up your sweet PURPLE bird mug rug for March's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet bird, and extra sweet little outline on the wing,
Envious of your adventures.
Jane in Australia

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet that was fun! Carole King songs are one of my favorites! Not sure I would like the flavored almonds...we like them plain!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Sara, that is a really cute bird cozy. I'll be on the lookout for the almonds if they make it to Canada!