Pages

Friday, March 1, 2024

March goals

When I actually write down my goals, I'm much more likely to meet them.  My PHD project for March is to finish up the Elephant quilt.  That will begin with sashing, which I cut yesterday.


More March 2024 goals:
** bind 2 UFO quilts
** finish quilting/binding Better Together
** quilt/bind Easter Door Hanger
** finish top of Stay At Home Round Robin
** keep up with Saturday Sampler
** keep up with Riley Blake Design challenge blocks
** RSC blocks in new color

One of my biggest goals for the month of March is to continue working toward emptying that big grey tote that was under my sewing room table - and full of stuff.  This week I've begun by pulling out some of the gallon ziplock bags in the tote and dealing with whatever has been in them. I ruthlessly threw away a couple of things that just didn't seem worth keeping for any future use after picking through the bag.  It felt great!!  And I now have 4 items to take to guild for giveaway as well. 

One of the bags had a pattern and pieces for some small zippered bags and wallets.  There were even 10 zippers in that bag.  


I did finish the one bag that just needed assembly. The rest of the fabric and zippers went back into the appropriate drawer in the stash.  The pattern is tucked into the binder holding other bag patterns so I'll know where to find it if needed.


One rather bizarre item found in a bag of what I thought was scraps, was a stack of 8 green pepper shapes cut from green pepper fabric, along with the pattern for them.  I have absolutely no memory of ever having seen these before.  They're about 9" high so they will make some cute hot pads.

I'm linking up with Finished or Not Friday . . .
https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck with your March goals. It sounds like you bin is like a time capsule of projects. I wonder what you'll find at the very bottom?

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think I have a yarn tote like your abric tote. I might use or need something someday!