Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

To Do Tuesday

Monday morning I had some errands, including a pedicure, so by the time I got home it was time for some lunch.  And some sewing. 

 

I took my ham sandwich to the sewing room with me and got started.  Notice the parts and pieces laying on the table next to my lunch?  More kitties!!


I made a deal with myself, that I would only sew these 4 blocks together, and then put away the piecing until the blanket stitching was all done on the Easter door hanger.  Kitties made with lady bugs, fish, dragonflies, and big dots - were added to the first 8 hanging in the closet.  

Notice the "pattern" off to the right side?  I put my cutting instructions from the video tutorial on Missouri Star onto a Word document with a picture of the first block, and tucked the 1 page into a plastic document sleeve. Usually I make note of the source too.  That sleeve allows me to use one of the holes along the side to hang the pattern on the hook of the hanger along with the finished blocks.  That's how I store all of my block sets as I work on them. Once done with the blocks the pattern (in its sleeve) goes into the "favorites" binder on the shelf.


Once the kitties were finished, I rethreaded the machine with black thread and got to work on the blanket stitching.  All the colored pieces are done - bunny, Easter egg, flowers, grass.  Only 1 letter of the Happy Easter was actually done on Monday as they are very slow going.  So . . . finishing that blanket stitching is today's TO DO project.  

I've also dropped off 2 UFO quilts with the long armer.  So once I finish the current binding project there will be more waiting in the wings.  While working on the binding, I'm contemplating my next projects.  What will they be?

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I think the kitties are so cute! I wouldn't put a sandwich on my sewing table, I'd dribble on the fabrics! Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher said...

Love the blocks and the fun fabrics! I put favorite patterns in the plastic sleeves, too.

Nann said...

The I Spy cats are coming along so nicely. Thanks for the tip about storing the pattern with its WIP. I'm sort of between projects, too.....

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can see where the kittys would be distracting...they are fun to see!

Kate said...

Love your bold and bright kitty blocks. That's going to be a very fun quilt. I use the plastic sleeves for my in progress patterns as well. I have them stored with the blocks in the project boxes. The ones I'm working on stay by the machine.