Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Time to tackle another UFO

 Instead of sewing on Friday I cut the sashing strips and got organized for a UFO that I am going to focus on for March.  And then I got some validation that it was time well spent.


We went to a funeral visitation on Friday (late afternoon), and then stopped to eat at our favorite local Chinese restaurant.  My fortune cookie was so appropriate, wasn't it?  I'm taking this message to heart for the next month at least.


So, yesterday morning I began to lay out those sashing strips with the 20 elephant blocks.  The bin holding 2.5" squares will yield lots of color for the cornerstones.  Once assembled, I'll decide if it needs an outer border or not.  This will be a cute quilt for sure.  But it was guild meeting time at 10 am, and then we left for Jackrabbit basketball.  No sewing on Saturday. 

It was senior day for the women - plus the very last game ever in Frost Arena.  When it re-opens next season the total remodel will be complete and there will be a new name.  The end of an era.  Dave and I were both at the very first game in Frost Arena in 1973, our freshman year. They held the first half of the season in the old arena, called The Barn, and then moved to the brand new arena after New Years.  We're feeling a bit nostalgic.  Can you tell?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh, you picked a very fun fabric for the sashing. It really shows off those elephants.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your elephants are coming along nicely!

chrisknits said...

You would have to be hit upside he head to have any clearer sign than that! And why did my Dad use the phrase upside the head. I always imagined it meant he was going to dangle me from my ankles and hit the top of my head from below. LOL

Tired Teacher said...

What fun to find a fortune that reflects your own intentions! The sashing fabric looks great with the elephant blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your elephants are all lined up nicely!

Astrid said...

That fortune appeals to many of us quilters, I guess. Put it in front of you to see it every day! LOL Adorable elephant blocks and the sashing is just perfect!

Nann said...

The striped sashing for the elephants is just right. You're on a finishing roll!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice elephants!