Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

SAHRR is a flimsy

 The Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) project for 2024 is a flimsy - and I'm really quite happy with how it turned out.  


Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.  In my case the SAHRR challenges each year have been serious cases of overthinking things.  And that has usually led to not finishing what I started.  This year I was quite determined to get out of my own way and keep it simple.  It worked!!!

Round 6 was a prompt to do something with letters or numbers.  I've seen some very creative ideas so far, but I was keeping things simple.  I stayed with numbers.  The bottom 2 borders each finish at 2" and have 2 Square-In-a-Square in white.  The top border finishes at 4" and the prompt was "4".  That red left side border is 3" and has a Friendship Star with 4 star points.  And the right side border is a simple 1" finished.  Lots of number references.  Final size - 26" square. 

My center block was a block I made for a demonstration of using an old traditional pattern in a new way.  It was in danger of lying forgotten in the orphan block drawer, but found a new life here.  Those Flying Geese on the right side are 3-D, called Loose Goose. 

This time I had fun with the SAHRR.  Thank you to all of the quilters hosting.

13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like your SAHRR quilt! An old fashioned center but in a modern quilt. Enjoy quilting her, happy stitching!

Kate said...

Keeping it simple does have it's advantages. It's very colorful and fun. What's the final plan for it? it would make a fun front for a bag.

Nann said...

So pretty!

Vicki in MN said...

It came together nicely and you have a very unique piece to display.

chrisknits said...

What.a cute flimsy! This is just adorable.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your flimsy!!! I like how you took an orphan block and were creative with the prompts! Great job!
Thank you for participating in the SAHRR'24 and for linking up!

JanineMarie said...

I’m glad you were able to let go and enjoy yourself this time around. The quilt is adorable and I love how all the bits and colors work together. I’ve enjoyed all your posts along the way.

Janice said...

Love your finish, especially the rescued orphan block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This was such a fun way to use your pretty orphan block, Sara, and I love how you kept to the 30s fabric theme, too! Your quilt definitely looks both traditional and modern with the different size borders and off-set blocks. Pretty finish!

piecefulwendy said...

Your quilt is so pretty, and you used the borders so well! I can relate to overthinking; I think I'm an expert - haha!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a wonderful quilt. I’ve really enjoyed watching it grow and you’ve done a great job :)

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is so pretty! I really love your center block! Reminds me of a sweet Southern bell Sue! LOL Thanks for quilting along with us this year!

LA Paylor said...

your lady is so pretty, I like the movement in her tilted skirt, the balance of pattern and color, it's going to be even nicer quilted, and you're going to finish this one right? lol...