Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

A lesson in contrast


The teal Ohio Star block turned out great, but that gingham block - it needs more contrast.  It's interesting how, in person, the 5 dark teal squares show up better than they do in the photo.  I definitely noticed the lack of contrast when I pressed this block but hadn't noticed when I had the pieces laid out on my design board.  Lighting makes a difference for sure. Hmmmmm - I may (or may not) make some changes on this block before it goes into a quilt.  It definitely loses that gingham look.  And I do still need one more teal gingham block anyway since I'm making 2 of each color of these blocks. 


I still need to do a teal string block this month as well.  Guess that will wait until next week as my days and evenings will be filled with college basketball this weekend.   

No comments: