Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Paper pieced pineapples - Mai Tai is done!



Back in August 2019 I rewarded myself with a new project and pulled this PIG out of the drawer as my reward.  It's a paper-pieced project called Mai Tai that was in a Sew Sampler box from the Fat Quarter Shop.  The box included the foundation papers and 2 charm packs.  I already had leftovers from a white jelly roll that worked perfectly.  I started the blocks, but then got distracted and set it aside where it became a UFO - although a recent UFO.  

The original pattern for this project called for 12 paper-pieced pineapple blocks.  But I decided that I wanted it to be square (about 24") rather than a rectangle.  The pineapple blocks were very simple paper piecing.  The only new purchases I made to finish this was the floral background (a Lori Holt fabric) and an aqua fat quarter for binding.  This is so bright and cheerful, and will look good on the wall this spring.  I may have to add a hanging sleeve to the back. 


I put this on my UFO list for 2020, as well as on my PHD (projects half done) list for The Pin Cushion.  And I'm happy to say that I can now check it off BOTH lists as a finish.  And I'm linking up with: http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Your blocks are gorgeous with all the bright colors. You picked a great backing fabric to compliment it. Happy sewing. Congrats on your finish.

Debi said...

Lovely pineapple blocks and a lot of sewing. I like square quilts too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a finish and it is so pretty and springy looking!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that - such a pretty wall-hanging! Congratulations on finishing it up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a super sweet finish!!

Susie H said...

Fabulous!!! Not only one list but 2!!! And it's a beauty! I've got a pineapple quilt on my bucket list for one day ....