Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Smack Dab in the Middle


Smack Dab in the Middle - that's the name of this little quilt from Kim Diehl's Simple Whatnots Club #8.  I've been trying and failing for 3 days to cut out the zillion tiny pieces for this adorable little quilt.  But this morning I finally finished the cutting and even neatly refolded all of the fabric and put it back into the box for the next project. 

And I began to sew.  The 8.5" center is done.  Only 2 interruptions today and I made myself go back down the stairs and focus. Yay - a small victory over my brain!!


I think the most difficult part of this little quilt will be laying out 200 tiny squares (1.5") for the outer border.  The main part of the quilt has a log cabin vibe.  


This was one of my short term goals that I set just a couple of days ago. Lots of opportunity for mistakes when the cutting stops midway through the pattern, especially when there are hundreds of tiny pieces. 


2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Whoa, that’s a lot of cutting! It will be fabulous when it’s finished - have fun.

Cate McCurdy said...

Lovely, would you know where I could get a copy of the pattern? I can’t find it anywhere.