Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Teal string block

One more block is done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. Yay!

I dug deep into the scrap bins and found more teal strings.  And I did recently buy a small amount of a pretty teal floral that just jumped out to me.  So I added a strip of that floral into my teal string block too.  There are now 19 total rainbow string blocks.  I'll need 5 more to make the kid sized quilt I'm planning.

The picture makes the color look very blue, but they really are teal and turquoise.  I got quite excited when I saw how these blocks look together. My plan is to put a narrow black sashing in between the blocks.  That should make the colors pop even more.

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Good plan to use black between the blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty! Teal is one of my favorite colors!

chrisknits said...

I love that teal flower fabric you put in there!! All lovely shades of teal.