Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Struggling with focus

Like most people these days I'm very stressed out and worried.  With that, for me, comes the inability to focus on anything very long.  My brain just refuses to calm down.  I flit from thing to thing to another thing - currently trying to read 2 different books, have several sewing projects just laying around, takes me twice as long to process any invoice for work.  It's just NUTS!!  And my temper and emotions just get the best of me at the oddest times.  Guess that is the picture of stress!!


The parts are all cut for the next Sew Together bag (Butterflies) and the outer shell is quilted, but I need zippers.  Or at least I need one 22" zipper in an appropriate color. Bubble gum pink, lemon yellow, and bright aqua just didn't look right.  I can live with white or tan zippers inside for the pockets.  So I may have to get online and find what I really need.  Our closest Joann Fabrics store was destroyed last fall in a tornado, so online is probably my best bet for zippers.  

And just now, in looking at the photo of the fabric above, I believe I need to rethink the color of the binding too.  The green I picked out is way too bright and that binding will determine what color zipper I ultimately decide to use.  Decisions, decisions!!

I do have some other things that I really want to accomplish in terms of sewing, and I'm hoping that putting my short term goals in writing here will help me focus on them a bit more.  Not likely, but I'm going to try.  Sewing usually relaxes me and I need that. 

So, here are my short term goals . . . 

** finish cutting out the Simple Whatnots project I began to cut this morning before a "work" phone call distracted me. 
** make my March blocks (2) for Saturday Sampler
** make my Barn Quilt Block for Sew Vintage - pick fabrics first of all
** add 3 more pieced sashing strips to Harvest Road - & the border

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I find myself in the same dizzy state..flitting from one thing to another...the days seem overly long and yet not much gets done...
we are sheltering in place only going out for needed groceries during senior hours..sewing is my escape...hugs from afar Julierose

Far Side of Fifty said...

Me too I need to focus and that is hard, we go into Statewide lockdown on Friday midnight. Stay safe!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

My concentration is fleeting. I found an excellent channel on YouTube that has calming music and video of scenic areas. It helps me focus.

Debi said...

Here, there, everywhere as that is what my sewing day feels like. So many of us are feeling the same way. We have been on lockdown for almost two weeks and I dread grocery day as that is my only outing. I hope to do some cheery sewing today!

woolyjooly said...

Hi cuz, I am totally with you; and the other commenters here. I flit from thing to thing and waste time. Because there's no focus to my days . . trying to feel blessed, not stressed. A bit of both, I guess! Sewing and knitting help!! ;>)