Pages

Monday, March 2, 2020

Design Wall Monday - orange and teal


What is on your Design Wall this Monday morning?  I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

I played with both orange (Feb. RSC color) and teal (March RSC) this weekend - in between some other important project progress.  Twinkle Star blocks in both colors were cut, along with some Diamond Tile blocks.  Some of these blocks were actually finished and others will be today.



This Diamond Tile block (7.5" square) is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from a past Quiltmaker magazine.  The this particular teal fabric is maybe more aqua but that's OK.  I'll need a lot of these blocks to actually make a whole quilt so I'll use some deeper teal later.  But like all of her blocks these use up scraps and all of these chunks came from scraps except for that aqua/teal.  


I did manage to finish one Twinkle Star of each color.  I really love that teal version with 3 different shades.  The other 2 blocks are on my sewing table ready to go later today.  And then there are 2 orange Diamond Tile blocks.   I think these could make a great kid quilt if I keep finding fun center squares , almost an "I spy" kind of theme.


Update - I got the other 2 Twinkle Star blocks done this morning.  Yay!!  And they fit in nicely with the 2 green ones hanging in the closet.  




4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Twinkle Star blocks are gorgeous, especially the teal.

chrisknits said...

What gorgeous shades of teal and orange!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty blocks!

PaintedThread said...

Those twinkle star blocks are really pretty!