Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Checking things off my list

 I'm a list maker.  There was always a "to do" list in my office or in my bag when I was working full time.  And I'm still a list maker.  Just call me a nerd.  But it does help me stay focused these days, and I'm one of those people who feels good about checking off something completed on a list of tasks.  Lately I've neglected my list strategy and it's time to get back to it. 


The sticky note list is now on my sewing machine.  That way I can see all of the projects that await some kind of attention soon, even if not this weekend.  Some items, like the Christmas stocking at the bottom, really just need some planning right now.  


The top item - Mason's new mask - is completely done and ready to give him next weekend.  And it's checked off the list.  The second to last item says "trace BOO pillow parts" - and that reflects a UFO that I chose to revisit this month.


This is another bench pillow kit that was lying around.  I had started this and then it became a UFO.  Well, the applique parts are now traced AND cut out.  Check, check.  

I'm getting ready to go sew this morning, while my husband is getting ready to head to the golf course.  My next task is to get the binding ready for Big Rail Fence.  And maybe I'll even get it attached.  After that I plan to sandwich Potting Shed and get it ready to quilt.  

3 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I should make lists! Mostly they are in my head. ;) Love the Bench Pillow pattern.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I finally made a list on paper! Yeah for a perfect facemask for your Grandson!

chrisknits said...

Cute pillow!!! I have a new pumpkin pattern I need to get to making. But that will have to wait until vacation is over!!