Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

Plenty of red

 I love red.  So it’s easy to focus on red during September for the RSC projects.  Only 1 red block is made so far - a string block.  But I’ve been finding plenty of reds to use over the weekend on some of the others.  The Ohio Star and Gingham blocks will probably be the next ones.


The other red that is happening is on Bringing Home the Tree.  My pillow front is quilted with a simple diagonal stripe, an envelope backing was added from the green plaid, and I’m finishing it with a binding on the edges using the same red as that inner border.  It’s about 24 x 36, and I have a pillow insert ordered.  This pillow will be so cute for Christmas.  I’ll show off the whole pillow another day.


7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

One RED block and that lovely binding is a good start for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Sara!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your red string block is so pretty! Makes me want to go make string blocks in red, too! Looking forward to seeing your finished pillow cover, too.

grammajudyb said...

Ooh! I’m so excited to see your pillow! 24 x 36 is an interesting size. Is it called a bench pillow? Anyway, hope to see it soon!

Mari said...

Oooh, I like the background on that pillow! It will be an interesting size, but I'm sure it's darling.

chrisknits said...

I love making pillows, but seems I never make as many as I plan!! Where do you order your pillow inserts?

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like red too! Somehow all those prints work in a square!

Susie H said...

Strings make my heart zing and I'm loving the fabric colors on your pillow! Can't wait to see it when you can share!