Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Spooky Houses progress

 It needs some fun embellishments, and some quilting.  But this little 18" square project is coming together very nicely.  That outer border was a fat quarter hiding in the drawer with my Halloween fabrics. I'm so glad I dug down to the bottom of the drawer to see what I had because it's so cute!!


In the Missouri Star Block magazine they call this Trick or Treat Street and there are multiple blocks with the houses switching directions in a serpentine wave. It's adorable as a whole street.  But since I didn't make a whole street - just one block, I'm going to call this Spooky Houses.  

There is a bat to applique onto the sky, and I may add a couple more doors and/or windows to the houses as well.  I'm open to ideas for quilting this - any thoughts you can share??

5 comments:

Ramona said...

A couple of pumpkins at the doorsteps would be cute, too. Your border fabric is perfect for this fun little quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Beyond cute!! I like the idea of pumpkins by the door too. Definitely add the bat or a spiderweb.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job! This is a fun piece, and it definitely needs some pumpkins and a spider or two.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You need a black cat on this one! :)

Sara said...

You read my mind! I've actually ordered a small black cat iron on applique. We'll see if it's the right size once it arrives.