Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September goals

I always have mixed feelings about September.  On the one hand, I love fall weather because it's a mix of warm and cool without the extremes of temperature.  But on the other hand, I feel sad about summer ending.  For decades I've felt a "happy new year" vibe as we moved into September, because it meant a new school year with new office supplies for my classroom.  Is that weird?

After much thought about what I want to accomplish this month, here are my goals:

  • Clean ONE AREA in my sewing room!!!
  • Bind 1 quilt - either Quilt of Valor (Patriotic Stars) or the Rail Fence
  • Cut out NEW QOV from kit (Daring Spirit) - see photo
  • Quilt and bind the red/white/blue pinwheel table topper
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color is red
    • gingham blocks (2)
    • Twinkle Star blocks (2)
    • Ohio Star block (1)
    • String block (1)
    • Diamond Tile blocks
  • Make the piano key border on Potting Shed (Kim Diehl)
  • Cut out this month's Simple Whatnots project - Farmer's Market
  • Make 4 pillowcases
  • Finish the last 3 Bee Patriotic Sew Along blocks
  • UFO - not determined yet which one I'll focus on
  • Pick a PIG - Laundry Line (Kim Diehl) for Simple Whatnots
Now that I look at these goals I notice a theme running through a lot of my goals - RED.  Red is obviously a color that is in each of those patriotic projects.  And Kim Diehl's projects have a lot of darker reds in them.  In fact the border on Potting Shed is mostly red.  I may need to work on some other colors during the month or I'll get bored and set them all aside.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

August/September was the start of my mental year, too. It was hard not to check out the school supply aisles for about five years after I retired. I live new gadgets and a fresh notebook. Have fun with your September goals.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Yep i was not a teacher but still think of Sept as new beginnings.lol i love a new notebook too. To scribble down those what ifs ideas for my next project. I need to organize and assess before making my goals

chrisknits said...

eager to see your Kim Diehl projects. Each year I say I am going to do the whatnots!!! Maybe 2021 as a reward for surviving 2020? LOL