Pages

Monday, September 21, 2020

Design Wall Monday - Sept 21

 My design wall this morning has a fun little UFO on it - the bench pillow for Halloween.  

What's on your design wall this week? https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com


The background along with the top and bottom borders had been done.  But I set it aside before tracing the GAZILLION little applique pieces. That is where I picked up this weekend.  The pieces are now all ironed onto the pillow foundation and ready for some blanket stitching.  It might take me all of the time between now and Halloween to do that blanket stitching.  


I'm not sure which end to begin with, but this pillow will be so cute when it's done. 


The other little Halloween project that is on-going is this one Spooky Houses.  I found a few buttons in my button jar that could work on it, and I still need to applique the bat into the sky.  That will probably happen while I have the black thread going for the bench pillow applique.   


And the black cat iron-on applique patch arrived in the mail on Saturday.  It's the perfect size, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use it here.  From a distance it's very difficult to even tell that it's a cat or just a swirly shape.  We'll see - maybe I can find an even cuter black cat.  


5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Cute Halloween projects!

Moneik said...

Both projects are super cute. I've never made much for Halloween but love the pumpkins.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

that is so cute!! and perfect timing!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun projects!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Sara, those are all great little projects. I love those spooky houses!