Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday - National Sew a Jelly Roll Day

 I was making a list of weekend sewing goals yesterday, and then I checked some of my favorite quilting blogs and websites, as I do most days.  And I answered my phone.  Both of those innocent tasks have added to those goals, or maybe just caused more distraction. 

The phone call let me know that I could pick up a quilt that was quilted.  Yay - it's my Big Rail Fence quilt which is a really OLD UFO.  It will be so good to get this one done and checked off my list.  This will be my next binding task as soon as I finish the QOV binding.  

But the real distraction I saw online is . . .


It made me look in the stash and see what I actually have for jelly rolls.  Of course I found several, but these are the ones that really caught my eye. This rainbow hued jelly roll was in a bag with a pattern and the sashing (black print) that I wanted to use.  This is one of those PIGS, and it may need to move up on the list now that I'm seeing the parts are all ready to go. And it looks bright and happy which is good thing these days.


There is also a gorgeous blue snowflake themed roll with a touch of sparkle.  I'm sure I purchased it because it is so very pretty but didn't really have a plan for it.  Then I found this red/cream/black Christmas jelly roll.  I think this one was purchased to make a Christmas Tree skirt, but without a pattern selected it was neglected.  Both of these would make pretty tree skirts or pillows or holiday wall hangings.  But currently I have no plan - so back in the drawer they go.  For now.


The colorful one on the right was part of a Fat Quarter Shop box (Sew Sampler), and came with a pattern.  I'm not sure I like the pattern, but I do like the colors in the jelly roll.  So, it went back into the drawer along with the others.  The rainbow one is sitting on the shelf now, where I can see it and make that decision - to make soon or wait.  

My first weekend goal however is to make that new mask for grandson Mason who wanted a Houston Texans mask for school.  The parts are cut and lying next to my machine and ready to go this morning.  A person needs priorities, and proper team spirit showing up in a mask for my grandson comes first.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty jelly rolls, I especially like the bright one with the black sashing fabric.

chrisknits said...

Oh, Sara, if I knew where you lived I'd be stealing that jelly roll from Fat Quarter shop!!! Have fun with your new project!