Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Auditioning a border

I'm almost afraid to cut into this border print because it's so cute.  Ghosts dance through the orange section and skeletons dance through the purple section.  The print has the colors of my blocks: lime green, orange, black, and purple.


My green print in the blocks is nearly the same as the green in the border print.  Plus the blocks have a little orange and a little purple in the witch's hats in the green areas, so I'm hoping this print will pull those colors more forward.

So I'm going to finish up the last 2 rows of blocks and sashing and then move on to adding the borders.  I'm planning mitered corners, so hopefully I have enough fabric. 

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Oh I love that border with it! It's going to really pull the whole quilt together.

Tired Teacher said...

That's a fun border fabric. I think it will create the effect you want.

LA Paylor said...

oh yes, do it. Then you can look at the pretty fabric, I love Halloween fabric. Will you miter the corners?? hope so.
LeeAnna