Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

May accomplishments

The month of May is definitely lacking in finishes, but I did get plenty of random sewing done.  I did make a pillow, 5 pillowcases, and managed to bind a couple of small things.  I made a bunch of blocks for Quilts of Valor and Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  And I worked on 3 different quilt tops, all of which are still in a state of partial completion.  No big finishes however.


I finished this table runner and have no idea what will become of it.  I'm not happy with the results of my own quilting efforts on this one.  It seemed like a good idea but the final result is just not making me happy.  Guess it will go into my donation pile. 

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt from 2018 is back from the quilter and needs binding.  It's on my UFO list so it would be a good thing to finish up.  Hopefully I'll get that binding ready to go over the weekend.  And I bought backing today for another UFO, so it's ready to be quilted - a Christmas Mountain Majesties quilt top made last fall. 

The May UFO Challenge number was 4, and my list had a Valentine bench pillow for that number.  It didn't even come out of the project box unfortunately. It needs blanket stitching around the applique.  The June UFO Challenge number was drawn today and it's 10.  My list shows 3 options: a Simple Whatknots project, a Row by Row project from 2 years ago, and a rail fence quilt I began about 10 years ago. The blocks are done for the rail fence, so maybe that is what I need to tackle.  

I'm also anxious to see what color is chosen tomorrow for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for June.  I'm so ready to make another cat block and more flower blocks and string blocks.


And I'm hoping to dig into this fat quarter bundle (Stonehenge Stars & Stripes VI) from Northcott for more of the patriotic stars blocks. 

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Random sewing is better than no sewing. You might be happier with crosshatching in the main blocks of the runner. The sashing quilting looks good. Looking forward to seeing your new cat and flower blocks.

woolyjooly said...

R U kidding me?? That coffee table runner is FAB. I'll buy it.