Pages

Monday, May 6, 2019

Design Wall Monday - orange flower


On my design wall today was this 6.5" orange Flower block from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book.  These are another of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks I've been making in 2019. I had it all cut out last week, but just got back to it this morning.  I now have a total of 7 of these blocks.  Check out some other quilters' design walls here:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


I did some other things this morning in my sewing room, but didn't think to take photos of most of it.  Next to my cutting table is a narrow drawer unit with shallow drawers. On top of that sits another of the baskets made from magazine pages.  That basket has been holding odds and ends of orphan blocks and leftover pieces from projects.  And piled on top of that was a mish-mash of UFOs and more odds and ends.  Another mess that needed to be cleared up.  

The basket isn't totally empty yet, but it's a lot closer. One UFO project (family reunion signature blocks) is all back in it's project box and ready to sew together.  I've put away all of the scraps and other fabric in the appropriate drawers and bins.  Two small UFOs that were in the pile on top of the box are still there - because they would not take long to finish and I'm determined to do that.  One is a towel with a fabric strip and the other is a Halloween 60 degree runner.  In the messy pile - that is no longer on top - I found 2 more patriotic Garlic Knot block kits, and 9 more Ritzy Cracker block kits that I had forgotten all about.  
The patriotic blocks are now done and in the QOV project box with the rest collected from guild.  A few of us may meet on Friday to work on the next couple of Quilts of Valor, so there are 2 more blocks in that collection.  

Three of the 9 Ritzy Cracker blocks are now sewn and ready to donate to our guild baby quilt project. I'll get the other 6 done this week I hope.  Monkeys and sheep - aren't they cute?


And  the next surface to face some cleaning and organizing is my big sewing desk.  There is a whole stack of pillowcase kits that I have prepped over the winter, with a couple of new ones added last week.  So I pinned together 3 of those pillowcase kits that were stacked on the back of my sewing table.  Those are draped over my sewing machine and ready to sew.  It appears that there are about 6 or 8 more still in that stack.  

Gradually I may get all of the clutter cleared up so that my creative space is really a place to enjoy.  Baby steps so far.   



2 comments:

Kim said...

What a bunch of colourful flowers you are 'collecting'. Your latest orange flower makes me smile.

Tired Teacher said...

The flower blocks are adorable and look fantastic together, and the coffee bean fabric made a nice flower center.