Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Waterwheel - a finish


I've finished the wall hanging quilt that was the class project on the cruise I took in January.  Waterwheel is a Judy Niemeyer design and paper pieced.

Pinks, orange, and black are the dominant colors in this wall hanging. I plan to hang it at the bottom of my steps down to my basement sewing room to replace the quilt that has been there for several years. That spot needs something bright and cheerful and this fits the bill.

The second class project was a table topper and it's ready to quilt as soon as I find the backing again.  I know it's folded up neatly - somewhere in my sewing room.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love those colors! Orange gives such a pop to pink, completely negates the girly in it lol

Tired Teacher said...

This is a stunning piece! I love the colors and the "movement" in the design.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful, can you imagine this in a huge quilt!! :)