Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - orange


The RSC color for May is orange, and I discovered more orange in the stash than I expected. There are now 5 kitties in my collection, with the addition of this 12" orange one.  I love, love, love these Lori Holt cat blocks!  I found a good sized scrap of this orange with the funky stars and it was enough to make the cat, and the Ohio Star, and the 6" flower block.    


These Ohio Star blocks are so cheerful and make me think of a summer flower bed.  


The 6" flower block is all cut and laid out on my ironing board, ready to sew on Friday.  I'm guessing an orange string block will happen too.  And then we'll see what else might happen with orange this month.  

9 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

You'll have a wonderful collection of all the blocks by the end of the year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Get orange blocks! So cheerful:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Lori Holt cats are just great! I love the green heart in your orange one!

LA Paylor said...

bright clear colors are so pretty. Great kitty and the stars are really summery!

Lori said...

I LOVE orange! And now you have a true ginger cat!

works4me said...

Great orange blocks. You will have some very fun, pretty quilts when you are done.

PaulaB quilts said...

That’s a pretty fabric for your cat, so cute.

The Joyful Quilter said...

The ORANGE kitty and the corresponding star are great additions to your block collections!

Auntie Em said...

That really is a fun, funky orange fabric for your cat. It's purrfect!