Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

More small projects


Two firefly pillowcases are now done and ready to donate or gift. I had almost 3 yards of this firefly fabric in the stash for several years with no plan for its use.  I still have about a half yard left to use for something else. The pink dot was purchased last week to finish these off.  


I also finished sewing these Ritzy Cracker blocks (Moda Bakeshop pattern) to add to the guild baby quilt block collection.  Actually I'm donating most of these blocks to guild, but keeping some to be the start of a baby quilt for myself to make for donation or gifting.  After I took this photo I actually made 2 more blocks using the firefly fabric from the pillowcases.  And you can really tell how shadowy my sewing room is when the sun isn't shining. 

Next up - 3 blue and yellow Minion pillowcases and some patriotic Ritzy Cracker blocks.  The pillowcases are all pinned and ready to sew. And they are on my UFO Challenge list, so finishing them up will give me something to check off the list. 

The Ritzy Cracker blocks will be quick to cut and make ready to sew.  I have been hoarding a fat quarter bundle of patriotic fabrics, and plan to cut into them.  I also plan to use those fat quarters to make some star blocks for the Quilts of Valor block drive.  https://www.qovf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Block-drive-2019-revised.pdf  

It is cold and raining again today, so I'm thinking a couple of hours in my sewing room before work will be good for the soul. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Thanks for the block drive link. Firefly pillowcases - how fun is that! I love working on small projects on a stormy and dreary day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your pillowcases are ever so cute! :)

cityquilter grace said...

love the pillowcases and cracker is a fave pattern of mine...