Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2019

UFO finish - Minion pillowcases

The 3 Minion pillowcases were on my UFO Challenge list for April, so I'm only a month late finishing these.  That's not too bad at all considering how un-focused I've been lately.  So I'm checking off one more UFO from the list.


If you haven't tried the "sausage roll" method of making pillowcases, you really have to.  Just a simple search online will yield a LOT of tutorials.  I especially love the fact that there are absolutely no raw edge exposed seams in these when you finish them.  


A few other things happened in the sewing room this morning.  I finished the last 12 Saturday Sampler blocks for the Halloween version.  And I put the binding onto a small table runner. And I made the other 3 patriotic star blocks I had kitted up. Time to play with those Saturday Sampler blocks and see which layout I like best. 

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

These are cheerful pillowcases. I love blue, yellow, and white together and hope to make a quilt with those colors someday.