Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Back to sewing

Today is the day that we'll get our first monthly pattern for the new Saturday Sampler program, and I just know I'll dive in as soon as possible to make that first block.  But I'm also trying hard to stay focused on forward progress on some Works In Progress as well.  And tomorrow I'll be making lefse with my daughters.  Hopefully we'll remember to take some pictures. 

Friday was a good day to hunker down at my desk, and at my sewing machine.  With the wind howling and the temps dropping I had no interest in going out to shop or eat out. 


The 3rd (of 9) block for Laundry Line now has it's pieced frame.  That leaves 6 to go. Slowly but surely I am determined to finish this one.  I changed up how I pressed some of the seams in the frame, and it seems to be helping the blocks lay flat. This Kim Diehl quilt could almost qualify as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project with so many different colors.  


I added a couple additional blocks to the ones received in the block drive from guild members as well as Facebook friends.  The blocks are currently on the floor while I determine if any need to be moved to distribute the colors more evenly.  Jelly Belly Bar blocks are a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop, and this will be quilt #3 using them.  


And now that I have my main sewing machine back from it's tune-up and deep cleaning, I am ready to begin quilting the Christmas table runners I've been sewing.  The Peppermint Candy runner is sandwiched and pinned, and will be the first one in the line up. 


I'm linking up with Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

With a nice variety of projects going we never get bored do we!

scraphappy said...

Lots of variety going on this week. Glad that you have your machine back again.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun projects going on, Sara! Enjoy cooking with your daughter.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That Laundry Line block is amazing - so many pieces! I can see why those would be slow going, but worth sticking with. So fun to see a close-up of the Peppermint Candy runner. I love those prints!

Preeti said...

Jelly Belly Bars looks like an excellent scrap eater. Your Christmas Table rummer looks good enough to eat :-D But I am curious - what is lefse?

Ivani said...

Peppermint Candy runner is an eye candy.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Laundry line is so very pleasing to the eye! You have some beautiful projects going! Snowing again here

Jenny said...

The Jelly Belly Bars is a great pattern thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for nice easy patterns for donation quilts. Love your Christmas runner's too, lively fresh colours.

Mari said...

Always a joy when the machine comes home. Love that block at the top of the post, too. Stay inside and sew!

Jeanna said...

Oh the Christmas table runner looks so pretty. I'm a bit behing on reading and just catching up...off to check out the cooking adventures with your daughters.