Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Holiday sewing

 Finally, I made the commitment on fabrics for Saturday Sampler.  It will be a Christmas quilt - with scrappy centers using reds, greens, and white.  Each of the 12 blocks will be slightly different fabrics pulled from the stash.  The framing of all of the blocks will be this grey snowflake and the dark red hounds tooth print.  The center block is 12" finished, and then the 3.5" frame is added to all sides.


Seeing the store sample, and chatting with Cindy about color choice helped me make a decision.  The original pattern called for 2 different background colors (grey), but she was doing hers with only 1 color (white).  I realized that was one of the things keeping me from choosing a background - selecting a second shade of grey or something else. So . . . one shade of grey is the decision for me.  I may still make a second set of the center blocks using a totally different color scheme - maybe bright batiks, but I probably won't do the framing around those blocks.


3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I think this is going to be stunning!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty! :)

Jeanna said...

Love these fabrics and your idea of making two sets of blocks. Can't wait to see what fabrics you select for the second quilt.