Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

End of the week - This n That

 What's new around here this week?  


Well, I made a second Saturday Sampler block.  I'm really in love with this star block.  Searching my stash to see what I could use without any new purchases - and the result was this grey background, and batiks.  The grey isn't a batik, but does have a bit of a batik vibe.  Plus it's a very pale shade of grey so I think it will allow clear contrast even with lighter batik colors.  At this point I'm not sure if I'll still to cool colors of batiks (I have a lot of them) or add some warm colors too.  We'll see how it goes.


The first of 3 Christmas table runners is done. These are only about 16 x 20, but it took forever to actually finish the binding.  Lots of interruptions this week as I've worked a lot more hours than usual.  I'm hoping to get a second one quilted today and attach the binding.  


And it's THAT time of year - college basketball.  That meant 2 back-to-back trips to Brookings to watch our Jackrabbits play this week.  That is 1 hour 45 minutes each way.  On Wednesday evening the men played Montana, and Thursday night was a doubleheader with both men and women's games.  Those make for some late nights to bed after driving home.  Just call us die hard fans!  And next week the men play 3 nights in a row at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, which is only an hour away.  

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

Love the Christmas table runner. Do you hand stitch your binding down? If so, is that something you can do on the car rides to and from the games? My son used to play basketball...sure miss those days!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun that you are going to games again! Hope the weather is ok for your travels:)

Nann said...

I really like the ribbon effect of that star block! Hope your team has a good season.

Vicki in MN said...

Love your batik block. Hubby went to college in Brookings;)