Pages

Friday, November 12, 2021

Getting a slow start

I'm getting a very slow start this morning, and I think it will be a good day to hunker down and stay home.  I have some budget updates to finish for work this morning, and then I plan to sew finally.


There is a blizzard happening north and east of us, so it could be a lot worse.  We have sustained 40 mph winds, and just a dusting of snow.  BRRRR!  And that geranium that has continued to bloom on my front porch might finally be frozen.  


Yesterday was a busy, busy day.  Our group was honored to present 2 more Quilts of Valor at a Veteran's Day luncheon.  These men received their quilts in front of a big crowd. It was such fun!!
 

Mr. Gibson and Mr. Homes both seemed so pleased.  


And our group better get busy making more quilts because I think this event has put Quilts of Valor on the map in our community.  We even received a nice donation toward future quilts from someone after the presentation.

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

Wow, the white stuff already. Good day to stay home and sew! The QOV are really pretty. It was very kind of someone to donate towards future quilts.

Preeti said...

Gorgeous quilts and such handsome men :-) Stay warm and keep sewing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful quilts, I am thrilled to follow along with all your Quilts of Valor!