Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Checking off tasks

Only one item from my list of goals can actually be checked off - the first of the Quilts of Valor pillowcases I wanted to make is pressed and ready to use.  I love that star print.  


A couple of things NOT on my goal list should have been on my goal list.  These Tulip Time blocks are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year.  I'm getting so close to having enough for a quilt.  And these make good Leaders/Enders along with those purple 4-patches.  These need sashing yet.


Another item that should have been on my goal list was the set of Friendship exchange blocks for our Simple Whatnots group.  The pattern was Kick The Can and we made this mini quilt early in 2021, but everyone decided it would be a good signature block to exchange with the group.  I had pulled some leftover Kim Diehl fabric from the little bin I'm using for the Farmers Wife Sampler blocks, and it has been just taking up space.  So, now I've made one block to remind myself how they go together, and cut and grouped all of the rest of the blocks I'll need.  My signature will go in that center beige rectangle.  I had a note written to make 14, but I'll have 15 - just in case.  The nice thing about having them all organized and sitting on the paper plate is that I can grab this plate and make a block or 2 whenever I'm looking for something to sew in a short period of time. 


I'm also trying to do just a little end-of-the-year decluttering.  I am SO BAD about allowing clutter to accumulate.  This was a small bin that has been sitting on a shelf in the garage - since moving my office from a nearby elementary school to my house, back in about 2015.  I can't believe it's been sitting there that long without anyone looking in it!!!  

Below is the before and after picture.  It was office supplies from my desk - pens, markers, computer disks, stickers, notepads - lots of notepads.  I threw away all of the pens and markers and divided the notepads up between my current office desk and my husband's office.  The stickers went into the art bin I keep for the grandkids when they visit.  Tape, some brand new pencils, and a few photographs were also kept.  All the computer disks - thrown away!!!  Disks full of workshop materials from 15 years all went into the trash without any guilt.  And the empty bin will be given away.  


Next up for decluttering is a big stack of photos now collected on my dining room table that need to be sorted, organized and put away.  

No comments: