Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

Design Wall Monday - the music bag

This is the view from my kitchen.  This tree is always glorious in the fall.  The ash trees are already naked, but the maple trees are all at their peak color right now.  There are 3 like this in the back yard, and one dark red on on the east side of the house.  This one is my favorite.


Olivia's bag for her piano lesson books is done.  I can hardly wait for Christmas to give the girls the bags I made for them.  


It's about 15 x 20", and the music fabric is a digital print with all kinds of musical instruments over a splatter paint background.  Those purple handles are the same fabric as the lining - a Tula Pink fabric.


Lots of random sewing happened over the weekend, along with some college basketball, and handing out candy to the Trick or Treaters.  I finished piecing and quilting the small Kim Diehl project from this week, and will show it as soon as the binding is stitched down. 

I added a black and white checker board border on a Christmas project - which I'll show once the last border is added.  It's looking cute so far.


 
And I sewed a bunch of purple 4-patch blocks.  In my blue/purple scrap bin was a gallon ziplock bag full of purple scraps left over from a Bonnie Hunter mystery.  In that bag were about a dozen completed 4-patches, lots of "two-sies" ready to make into 4-patches, and several strip sets yet to be cut into sections for even more.  At first I was thinking maybe enough for about 45, but now I'm thinking there will be a LOT more than that. And these really need to become something finally instead of laying in the scrap bin.   


One idea floating around my head is to alternate these with lime green squares for a child sized quilt.  Or maybe a small neutral print that has a little purple.  Once I get more sewn up, then I'll have a better idea of how much of an alternating fabric I need. These were my Leader/Ender pieces all weekend, but I've hardly made a dent in the pile. 

What is on your design wall today? 

I'm also linking up with Monday Making:

https://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/ 

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

The girls are gonna love those special made bags!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such a pretty view from your deck! Nice bag I am sure she will love it!

Preeti said...

Fall trees make beautiful backdrops for quilty pictures. Lime green and purple will be fabulous. Love the music bag. I am sure Olivia will squeal with delight.