Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2022

A whole rainbow of colors

 This was a week of mostly focus on assembling some tops, and getting ready to bind some projects.  It was also a good week to cut all the pieces for a brand new project.

One of the tops I finished earlier in the week is a 44" square baby quilt made from all pink Snail's Trail blocks.  This was a very quick project, and all of the fabrics were pulled from the stash or the scraps bin.  It will hang in the closet for awhile until I need it.  


Part of my Thursday afternoon (following a morning of work tasks on a tight deadline) was spent cutting all the pieces for a new project.  I like "kitting up" a project so that when I'm ready to begin working on it I can dive right in.  That doesn't always happen, but it's a good process for me. 


Shooting Stars was from one of the Sew Sampler boxes from Fat Quarter Shop.  The pattern and half a jelly roll came in the box.  The jelly roll is Love Lily (April Rosenthal) line by Moda.  I purchased the white background locally, and then the whole thing was set aside.  The fabric and pattern had been just sitting on top of the big dresser in my sewing room - waiting it's turn.  Because it really has a spring vibe to it, I decided it's time has come.


Usually I do all of my cutting at the station set up in my sewing room.  But it was chilly downstairs on Thursday, so I brought everything I needed up to the kitchen.  The counter is the same height as my cutting station and there is good lighting.  Plus I could enjoy the RARE sunshine coming in the windows while I worked.

All of the parts are now cut and labeled, layed out neatly on my big design board, and ready to sew.  I think this could be an awesome rainbow project for this weekend.  And since I've caught up with most of my RSC blocks in pink, and nearly finished a couple of UFOs I've been working on . . . this seems like a perfect reward.  

Check out the RSC projects shared by many . . .

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Shooting Stars will be gorgeous in those fun fabrics. It’s a snowy and cold morning, so I hope to get some sewing done today, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the baby quilt all in pink! The new project looks like fun, too. You definitely deserve a reward!

Linda in Calif. said...

I’ve done a couple snails tail blocks and I thought they were a bit challenging. And here you say you they were done quickly! It did turn out so cute. Shooting stars is so pretty. Kitting it up is the way to go. Now it will be easy peasy.

Jenny said...

It's good to get organized before starting a project. I often cut out pieces for my blocks one day, then go back the following day to sit and stitch at the sewing machine. Whatever works for you is the best way.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a productive week, Sara!! Enjoy your new project. LOVE that scrappy PINK quilt top!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful fabrics in your new project! I like kitting up projects too. Then I'm ready for just happy mindless sewing. Very cute pink quilt top!

Susie H said...

I love snails trails quilts and all in pink is truly a winner. Love it! That half-jelly roll sure has some pretty fabrics in it.