Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Tuesday this and that

 It was a wild weekend, and it seems like I'm still tired. First of all - the Jackrabbit women won the WNIT championship on Saturday afternoon, beating Seton Hall by 32 points!  We were there, in a sold out arena, and it was fun.  Obviously the team would have preferred playing in the NCAA tourney but didn't get one of the at-large spots this year, so . . . they played 6 games in the WNIT instead. They beat Ohio, Minnesota, Drake, Alabama, UCLA, and Seton Hall.  We were at every single one of those games cheering them on.  It's been a really great season. 


However I'm also happy that the season is over, and I can have some Saturdays open for other things - like sewing, and quilt guild, and family stuff. 


I was tired and not very ambitious on Sunday.  Binding seemed like a good activity.  I have one side done so far, binding the Summer Soiree quilt.  I went with an orange batik for the binding and the backing is a grey and white flowery-looking print.  That is very fitting since the blocks all have florals and batiks in them.


Parts are cut and ready to sew for 3 more pink heart blocks for RSC.  Once I get them sewn I'll have to lay out all 20 that are done so far and see how they look together.  I think these will make a very sweet quilt once there is a whole rainbow of blocks.


Monday - I had to work in the morning, but then finished stacking the remaining rows of the Farmers Wife Sampler to take them to my sewing machine for assembly.  I pinned the setting triangles onto the correct sides, and stacked each row into sewing order.  My goal is to have this ready for borders by the weekend.  We'll see if that is realistic or not. 

On a side note - I crawled around on the floor while working on those FWS blocks.  And honestly thought I would be stuck there until my husband showed up for lunch.  How embarrassing!  Even with furniture to use for leverage, I had a horrible and painful time trying to stand up again. The cortisone shots I got in both hips about 10 days ago have helped the pain, but I've learned my lesson that those shots didn't cure the problem and crawling around on the floor was a BAD idea.  Trying to buy time, but I am facing 2 hip replacements at some point.  And that scares me!!

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've had friends and relatives who have had hip replacements. Yes, it's painful but they have never regretted having the surgery. Your Farmer's Wife quilt is looking so nice, happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

Eeek two hip replacements would scare anyone!! Take care.

woolyjooly said...

Oh you Golden Girl . . hip joint replacement = scary. . I concur! Congrats to the SD WNIT winners!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh no, do one hip surgery at a time! Stay off the floor...use a bed to lay things out!

Kate said...

Yeah for your team, but boo for hip replacement. Getting more mature is definitely not for sissies!