Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Oops!!

 The picture is a bit fuzzy, but can you see my mistake?  Oops!!!  


I was working away on Farmers Wife Sampler rows, and getting excited to be closing in on a finish.  HaHaHa!  Then as I was pressing this row, I noticed that I was missing the sashing section next to that top block.  This is what happens when I get in a hurry.

And . . . that was only 1 of the 3 spots where I missed the sashing piece next to the side setting triangles!  Three spots before I noticed - how aggravating!  Out came the seam ripper to remove those setting triangles to fix it.  And I really needed to work on something else to push away that frustration.


What's better than some "happy" stitching?  I can't show the whole block right now, but this is for a block collection I'm participating in.  I wanted something that said happy - and SPRING - so I pulled out the Lori Holt books for just the right block and dug into the 30s stash for happy fabrics.  And yes - sewing on this cheerful block changed my whole attitude almost immediately.  I'll show the whole block some other day.  

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Sorry you had to spend time with Jack:( But that flower will make anyone smile, it's so cute!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The flower made me smile too! :)

Kate said...

It's always a good idea to move away from a frustrating project for a bit. The flower is really fun. Happy stitching time this weekend. Hopefully the misbehaving project will line out now.