Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Design Wall Monday - April 11

 The pieces are all cut for the Barn Silo project, and one of the 4 barns is complete.  Each one will have a different 6" quilt block in it.  Lori Holt's designs are always so whimsical.  


I hope to have all 4 of the 12" barn blocks completed this week, and then I can work on the pieced sashing and borders.  Since my last project was so BIG, it's kind of a relief to be working on something that is wall hanging size.


Midnight is a Kim Diehl mini quilt, and I just keep pushing it aside when I should just dive in and quilt it.  I keep changing my mind about HOW I want to quilt this one.  It's all sandwiched and ready to go.  It's a lack of confidence in my quilting skills.  

We received our 6th block pattern for Saturday Sampler on Saturday, so I plan to work on that at some point this week.  I may only get the fabrics chosen, but I have until May to actually make the block.  


Another one of my goals for this week is to bind the Blue Hexie quilt.  The binding is prepped and just needs to be sewn on, and then hand stitched down. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

So many lovely blocks, happy stitching!

Bonnie said...

Love that barn setting for a little block. You’ve got a lot on your quilting plate these days. But who am I to talk as I have way too many “current” projects going myself.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The barn block is so cute! What a fun project!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I like your barn and silo...with the added bonus of a quilt block on it, what an idea. Have a great day!

Vicki in MN said...

You made such fast work of that barn! Somehow I missed you had the blue hexies into a quilt-super cute!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the barn! :)

AnnieO said...

Great color choices in all your quilts! Thanks for sharing.