Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Barn Silo flimsy

 I headed down to my sewing room yesterday morning after catching up with my online students.  There was plenty of time to play while waiting on a project proposal that one of the engineers wanted me to review and edit.  Uninterrupted time basically until about 2:30 when the proposal document finally showed up in my email - Yay!!  

Barn Silo was one of the main goals I set for this week.  It is now a flimsy, and ready to put into the hands of someone else to quilt.  This is a wall hanging and is about 51" square.  

Having someone professionally quilt several projects can get quite expensive.  But I decided this winter that the extra money I earned by teaching online again (reluctantly) this semester would go toward long arm quilting several UFO projects. That put a positive spin on the extra time involved in teaching again after I thought I was retired from that job.  

5 comments:

Ramona said...

I really like your barns! Having someone else quilt some things frees us up for what we really like to do... piece quilts.

Nann said...

It turned out so well! I "quilt by checkbook" for some projects though my skill at FMQ has improved with (lots of) practice.

Beth in NH said...

I worked reluctantly for a bit and bought a washer and bedroom set early in our marriage. It did help to get through that job. Look vs the colors you use.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The barns are adorable! Sounds like you found a good use of your “extra” funds.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love it! You may as well spend the extra $ on things you love:)