Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Summer Soiree and one BIG flimsy

Summer Soiree is finally finished.  It took me way too long to get the binding done on this one, mainly because I kept getting sidetracked.  But I finished it on Sunday and got my husband to hold it for me for a photo before he left on a work road trip. It was another grey and windy day, so taking it outside for a picture just didn't happen. 


This one has a pieced - and unusual - sashing.  I saw it online and printed a picture, but then I couldn't find it again, so I did the math myself to figure it out.  I like this sashing, but not necessarily with this set of sampler blocks.  It's a different way of framing 12" blocks, and I'll probably use this setting again sometime.  The quilt will be gifted or donated.  

Farmer's Wife Sampler is now in the hands of a long arm quilter to work her magic.  This will be expensive to have professionally quilted, but will be so worth it.  This is probably the biggest (107 x 87) and is definitely the most labor intensive quilt I've ever made.  Once it's quilted and bound, then I'll try to get better pictures.  And I'll share the story of this project when it's all bound and hopefully on my bed.   

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Summer Soiree is soaring with that sashing, I had never seen anything done that way and I like it! Makes it more modern looking I think. FW looks like a ton of work, good job:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Summer Soiree turned out very pretty, better than I thought it would, I can see it in a smoky grey bedroom:) I just love that sampler!

Jan said...

That sashing looks great - really catches your eye.

cityquilter grace said...

barns adorable...and farmer's wife is a masterpiece...well done!

Kate said...

Summer Soiree turned out beautifully. It's so nice to find a fun setting, that gives a different look.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I don’t know how I missed so many of your recent posts, but I’m catching up. The sashing on Summer Soirée makes the quilt shine — great choice of setting!