Pages

Friday, April 22, 2022

Blue and white - Riley Blake Design block challenge

Anyone else having problems with Bloglovin' lately?  I use it often on my iPad or phone to read a lot of content, but in the past couple of weeks it just doesn't want to load.  Or I get error messages when trying to leave a comment.  I hope they get their problems solved.  At least when posting on my blog and using my laptop, it has worked OK.  

A bit of blue and white provided a change from pink, pink, pink.  This is block #13 of the Riley Blake Design block challenge, Double Cross by Sue Daley.  I believe that means there will be 3 final blocks introduced in April.  


I'm really looking forward to seeing the final layout plan for the 16 blocks. Will it be unique or very traditional?  Seeing the color schemes online that people have chosen is quite inspirational.  I'm not terribly bold when it comes to color choices, with my personal tastes leaning toward the bright and happy - except when I'm working on Kim Diehl types of projects.

Not the best photo, but at least I have a good idea of the variety of blues I've used so far.  And speaking of Kim Diehl projects . . . 


Today I'm hoping to finish quilting the Midnight (Kim Diehl) miniature quilt.  I'm using a decorative stitch to outline the stars in this one.  The binding is ready to attach as soon as I finish the quilting, and then I'll have another UFO checked off my list.  

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love all the blocks you've made for the Riley Blake sew along. I've been tempted to sew along but there just isn't time to make everything I'd like to make. Happy stitching!

Preeti said...

Are you going to post everyday? Because no matter how pretty and enticing your blocks may be, I cannot keep up with that kinda frequency :-p

Vicki in MN said...

Yes Bloglovin has been a PITA lately. The site says the servers are overloaded and you can't get in to read anything! Also never get their emails daily. BUT yesterday and this morning I got in to read!! I'll bet it was a nice change for you to use blue;) Great idea to use a decorative stitch to quilt your Kim Diehl project.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Yes, Bloglovin has not updated for me for over a week. I’m so far behind on reading blogs. When it last updated, I discovered many older posts that I had missed on my favorites blogs. I’m using Feedly now as a backup.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a great quilting stitch! I like all the blues! I use The Old Reader as a blog reader, once you get all your blogs listed it is a great reader. You can read 100 blogs free and that is plenty for me!

ThreadCatcher said...

Great use for that decorative stitch. I look forward to seeing the entire project when you are finished.