Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

Design Wall Monday - April 18

My design wall this morning is full of things ready for the next steps.  


All 9 of the pink Snail's Trail blocks are made and ready to assemble into a baby quilt.  Since they are 12" finished blocks, that will make this only 36" square which is just a bit smaller than I would like for a baby quilt.  But I have lots of that center pink, so my plan is to add a border.  Maybe about 4" wide would give this a good finished size.  


Another plan for this week involves this month's Saturday Sampler.  The Christmas version of the 6th block is made, but it still needs it's pieced sashing.  And I need to make the other 2 color versions of this block.  This was another easy one to do. 


The final barn for Barn Silo is brown.  With all 4 barn blocks made, I've begun working on the sashing, which involves small 9-patches as cornerstones, and sashing made with 3 narrow strips each.  Half of the 9-patches are done and all of the remaining pieces are cut so I can just focus on sewing it all together this week.  

These 3 projects are my main goals for this week, but there is also some binding to work on if I end up with some time. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the barn! Two of the snail blocks look cream colored and not white....if you make them opposite corner blocks they will look better! Just a suggestion!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great projects! The baby quilt is going to be a good size with the added border.

Preeti said...

Pretty in pink. Looks like you and Mari are on the same path. She just completed a Snails Trail quilt with blues