Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Checkered Stars is a flimsy

My July goals included adding the final borders to 2 different projects.  One of those projects is now a flimsy and the other one has borders cut.


The yellow outer border was all that Checkered Stars needed to be a finished flimsy.  So this one is now ready to quilt.  It's 48" square, so will make a good baby quilt.


The other project that needed borders was Shooting Stars.  This one was a new project that I pulled from the PIG drawer - (Projects in Grocery sacks) and was a reward for a previous UFO finish.  Such a cute kit, but I felt it needed to be larger.  


A 2.5" inner border has already been added, and the floral outer border pieces have been cut.  One of those borders is actually attached, so it is very close to being a completed top.  

Checkered Stars will probably go immediately be quilted, but the Shooting Stars flimsy will probably hang in the closet until I need a quilt of that style as a gift. 

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

pretty finishes!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The yellow border looks great with the checkered stars. I rarely use yellow in my quilts, but I love this completed baby quilt. Nice job!

Vicki in MN said...

The yellow border compliments the stars nicely. Yeah for moving both of these forward.

Ramona said...

The yellow border is a great addition to the baby quilt. I love the border fabrics on Shooting Star, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am partial to yellow so I love the first quilt! The other one is lovely too, that is a great border for it!